Re: uw-imapd gssapi support and heimdal

Hi Mark,

gss_nt_service_name == GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE in Heimdalese
unless my memory eludes me. I believe that this is a case of
Heimdal implementing gssapi2 (please correct me someone?) and
MIT does not. This is from a typical bit of MIT-Heimdal
compatible code:

 #ifndef HAVE_GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE
 extern gss_OID gss_nt_service_name;
 #define GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE gss_nt_service_name
 #endif

or do the the "reverse" if the code uses the "MIT-symbols".

Together with a bit of autoconf (which won't do you a bit of
good with imapd :-) you should be in good shape. Don't know
exactly about the gss_mech_krb5 but I am pretty sure it must
be a gss_OID too (possibly GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM) and a similar
bit of cpp as the above should do the trick.

	Cheers Leif

Leif Johansson				Phone: +46 8 164541
IT- and media services
Stockholm University 			email: leifj@it.su.se

<This space is left blank for quotational and disclamatory purposes.>