Re: more issues

On 9 Aug 2000, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>
> > Ok, how much of a performance hit should I expect from non-optimal
> > ordering due to work doen in kdc/kerberos4.c:valid_princ()?
>
> I have no idea. I guess most of the time is spent in decoding the
> database entry.
>
> Do you have any ideas on how to do this differently?

Convert all of my end machines to have rcmd.long.host.name for v4 service,
hope that a large percentage of the clients I have deployed can use it,
and not do any translation;

Or: some sort of host lookup funcction, probably something using gperf,
but that would be a) really site-specific and b) need to be recompiled far
too regularly.

I think we're just going to pray that we don't hate life, and move
forward.

-D