Re: srvconvert should use krb5_425_conv_principal_ext

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
> > so it can provide a verifier function which knows the hostname of the
> > local host and can know that even though my realm is ANDREW.CMU.EDU
> > rcmd.sun4 should become host/sun4.wash.acs.cmu.edu
>
> so should the v4 side of kadmind, so it can at least do dns resolution

The thing I should have been more clear about:

v4 kadmind should call krb5_425_conv_principal_ext directly
so it can be possible to make it do resolution via dns in kadmind only and
not for the other services on the machine; I'd like to keep my kdc out of
dns entirely, but defining a complete set of hosts in v4_instance_convert
is out of the question also.

-D