Re: redhat kerberos PAM

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 06:51:08PM +0100, Joel Kociolek wrote:
> I wouldn't say that I know of a decent one. I'm to much inexperienced
> with this, and from what I've understood, it could be really "indecent"
> to use PAM with kerberos. But I've managed to make Franck Cusack's PAM
> module work with heimdal with only a small patch. You can find the
> module on http://www.fcusack.com/ and my patch on
> http://ns1.logidee.com/~joko/heimdal/
>
> I plan to improve my patch to make it includable by Mr Cusack in his PAM
> module, but I don't have time to do this for the moment.

I just committed a pam_krb5 port (based on fcusack's pam_krb5 also) for
FreeBSD that can be compiled for either MIT or Heimdal.   One can look
at the patches at
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/security/pam_krb5/files

Looking at your patches it looks as if I may have missed a bit with the
password change -- no surprise, I haven't really tested that, do to the
fact that my users don't appear in /etc/passwd normally.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org