Re: redhat kerberos PAM

Le Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:28:18AM +1100, Brian May écrivait:

>     Joel> I've managed to make Franck Cusack's PAM module work with
>     Joel> heimdal with only a small patch.
>
> If I was to package a PAM module for Debian Linux,

That would be great! I'm a hardcore Debian user, and my company is
mostly Debian based.

> which one should I use?

I really can't tell. I've worked on Franck Cusack's module only because
it was the less MIT specific that I found at this time. Also I've heard
that his module was one of the cleanest PAM krb5 modules at the time I
searched for one, but I don't understand enough PAM and kerberos to be
able to confirm this.

But my patch is really ugly. It was only a quick hack to check that this
was doable. The patch from FreeBSD ports seems to me (at first sight) a
lot cleaner.

Joel K.

--
I want to  argue that an  effective way of  promoting true computer literacy
would be to make Unix basics part of the curriculum... for everybody.