Re: heimdal misbuilds on AIX when kth-krb installed

On Wednesday, December 20, 2000 09:25:03 AM +1100, Brian May
<bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:
+-----
| Are you using the correct version of libtool?????
+--->8

I am using the one included with the heimdal distribution; our installed
one and the only non-CVS releases I can find all come up as older if I try
to install them with libtoolize (it catches the presence of a lower serial
number on libtool.m4).  (I deleted and re-unpacked the source to insure
that that testing didn't leave outdated libtool code around.)

Again, this same distribution has built on DU, RH 5.2, SuSE 6.3/6.4,
Solaris 2.6, and Solaris 7 with the same build options and without errors,
and it is working as expected.  The only difference with AIX is that I
disable shared objects because AIX's shared object mechanism causes more
problems than it solves in my experience (i.e. cannot build into a depot or
syncset tree when using libtool).

Builds are on AIX 4.3.2 if it matters (bos.rte 4.3.2.1).

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery@ece.cmu.edu