Re: heimdal misbuilds on AIX when kth-krb installed

    Brandon> Again, this same distribution has built on DU, RH 5.2,
    Brandon> SuSE 6.3/6.4, Solaris 2.6, and Solaris 7 with the same
    Brandon> build options and without errors, and it is working as
    Brandon> expected.  The only difference with AIX is that I disable
    Brandon> shared objects because AIX's shared object mechanism
    Brandon> causes more problems than it solves in my experience
    Brandon> (i.e. cannot build into a depot or syncset tree when
    Brandon> using libtool).

It seems like it probably is a libtool bug that is specific to AIX
and/or libtool with shared libraries disabled.

libtool should not be removing the pathname component in front of the
shared library. Rather, it should be able to give the full pathname of
the *.a library file (I assume this will work even on AIX???).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>