Re: heimdal 0.3d ftp client

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> See <URL:http://snoopy.apana.org.au/~bam/debian/heimdal/patches/0.3d/015_ftp>.
>
> In short, this patch (or similar patch) is required so that ports >
> 32767 work.

You should check that the port-value was parsed ok (that is, using
strtol). If that fails you should use getservbyname(port, "tcp") to see if
it was valid port-name.

Then you'll need to check for tcp-port == 0, since it's reserved, and I'll
guess the user will be confused when the connection comes from <Dynamic
and/or Private Ports> range when they specifed 0 as port. That is what
happens when you bind to port 0, it seems to me that is just a silly way of
not specifying the port at all.

Love