Re: readline, editline, sl and snprintf

I don't know about other platforms, but on Solaris you can use a link
edit map (and/or C #pragmas) to turn an otherwise global symbol into a
local one. This is very useful, if hackish, in situations like this
one. With this feature you can link all your libraries with their own
version of some function - not declared static in the source - and yet
avoid the multiple symbol definitions problem later.

Nico