Re: com_err

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 11:08:55PM -0500, Chris Chiappa wrote:
[snip]
> (1) Convince Debian to upgrade to the (presumably) superior com_err from
> Heimdal as the standard.  I'm assuming that the Heimdal stuff would be
> sufficiently capable of supporting all the programs which rely on MIT-like
> com_err behavior.

For what it is worth, FreeBSD replaced the MIT com_err with the KTH
com_err some 17 months ago -- the first release after that was FreeBSD
4.0.

Likewise for NetBSD about 8 months ago, and OpenBSD 12 months ago.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org