Recovering from corrupted database

Hello,

Due to a runaway process the filesystem containing the Kerberos database
got filled up and it caused the database to be corrupted. Both
"kadmin -l dump" and db_dump fall into an endless loop when trying to
dump the database. "db_dump -r" works, but it only outputs hexadecimal
numbers so I cannot tell if the data is ok.

My questions:

How to dump a corrupted database? If I dump & reload it with "db_dump -r"
& db_load, will it work? If I restore an older backup (made by "kadmin -l
dump"), can the log_file defined for the database be used to replay changes
made since the backup was taken?

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary