Re: RFE: prompt_types, as with MIT krb5 1.2.x

Krb5_gic_*() and friends set an array of prompt_types in the context
structure corresponding to the prompts passed to the krb5_gic*()
prompter passed in by the application. The prompt_types allow the
prompter function to determine what the prompts are for.

Our use of this is to shape krb5_gic_pwd() into PAM (e.g., password
aging should not take place in pam_sm_authenticate(), etc...).

The prompter function could guess such things given the prompt strings
alone, but that could break anytime Heimdal changes its prompt strings,
and it would not be portable anyways.

Clearly, prompt_types were an after-thought at MIT, but a *good* after
thought, IMHO. It would have been nicer if they had been part of the
prompts from the get go...

Nico