Re: autoconf && heimdal

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:
> Hello,

Hi, Brian.

> when I try to update configure.in using autoconf 2.52, autoconf has heart
> failure:
>
> configure.in:4: warning: _AS_TR_SH_PREPARE is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'dconfigure.in:4: warning: _AS_TR_CPP_PREPARE is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd
> configure.in:4: /usr/bin/m4: Non-numeric argument to built-in `divert'
> configure.in:5: /usr/bin/m4: Non-numeric argument to built-in `m4_incr'

This is all rather strange.  Needless to say, I use autoconf 2.52 and
do not get these strange errors.  With autoconf 2.52 and automake 1.4s
I usually re-generate all the files with "aclocal -I cf; autoheader;
automake; autoconf"

Did you run autoreconf or autoconf manually when you got that error?

_AS_TR_SH_PREPARE is defined in share/autoconf/m4sh.m4 in my
installation.  Could you verify that there's nothing strange about
your autoconf installation, for example, by running `make check' ?

/assar