[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xad] Re: MS kerb drafts
- To: lukeh@PADL.COM, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [xad] Re: MS kerb drafts
- From: Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@ubsw.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:34:08 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, xad@PADL.COM
- In-Reply-To: <200110051027.UAA54808@au.padl.com>; from Luke Howard on Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:27:05PM +1000
- Mail-Followup-To: lukeh@PADL.COM, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, xad@PADL.COM
- References: <200110040738.RAA32271@au.padl.com> <email@example.com> <200110050818.SAA53617@au.padl.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200110051002.UAA54373@au.padl.com> <email@example.com> <20011005121944.J22134@angua.rince.de> <200110051027.UAA54808@au.padl.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:27:05PM +1000, Luke Howard wrote:
> >does the kdc have sufficient information to perform
> >the signing?
> Don't know yet.
> >or is it a better idea to create and use an SSPI crypto
> >api (see ntsecapi project on dcerpc.net) to perform the
> Well, GSS-API is analogous to SSPI, then the KDC could
> presumably avail itself of libgssapi to do the signing.
GSS-API is not about signing. If you have PAC signatures in mind, then
GSS is the wrong place to look...
You might be confusing SSPI with CryptoAPI.
> I am presuming that your SSPI implementation will use
> Heimdal's GSS-API for Kerberos support :-)
SSPI *is* GSS-API, with different C bindings and some other differences,
like, SSPI takes care of mapping GSS names to user profiles (SIDs) (in
the case of the krb5 mech, this is done by getting the profile from the
PAC, if present, or from the local SAM, if not), whereas the GSS-API C
bindings are useless in this regard.
> -- Luke
> P.S. Assar -- you don't know of an open source SPNEGO
> implementation, do you?
> Luke Howard | lukehoward.com
> PADL Software | www.padl.com
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-
-to a public e-mail mailing list I hereby grant permission to distribute-
-and copy this message.-
Visit our website at http://www.ubswarburg.com
This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
message is provided for informational purposes and should not be
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or
related financial instruments.