Extracting keytab

Howdy all,
    I'm having some problems extracting a keytab with a heimdal client machine.
I've got all the configuration set up correctly, but when I start kadmin
and perform the "ank" command, this is the response I get:

kadmin> add --random-key host/hdfspare1.ncsa.uiuc.edu
sukoziol/admin@NCSA.EDU's Password:

    I have a root account on my machine, but not an "admin" account on the
kerberos server (elsewhere in our organization), so I don't know what to type
at this prompt.
    Is this the right sequence of actions to take?

        Thanks,
            Quincey Koziol
            NCSA
            koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu