Re: Extracting keytab

>    I have a root account on my machine, but not an "admin" account on the
>kerberos server (elsewhere in our organization), so I don't know what to type
>at this prompt.
>    Is this the right sequence of actions to take?

Yes, but extracting a keytab requires a rekey on the KDC, and that involves
an administrator.  Typically at our site the people adminstrating the KDC
do the initial keying of every workstation (I know that other sites have
different systems, but your KDC administrators should have a defined mechanism
for doing this).

--Ken