Re: Unknown errors

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 12:49:31PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> Anyway, the bug is reported.

Well, I think I know the problem but I did not test it. pam_krb5 uses
error_message() to retrieve the error string, but libkrb5 does not call
init_error_table() so it will always fail. My version of pam_krb5
uses krb5_get_err_text() for quite a long time, and I do not remember
seeing "Unknown error" messages.

So I think the problem is caused by pam_krb5 trying to look behind the
scenes (ie. calling libcom_err directly) instead of using the libkrb5
interfaces.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary