Re: kpasswd not working

On 2 Jul 2002, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> Wolfgang Friebel <friebel@ifh.de> writes:
>
> > Meanwhile I tried Linux client and server as well with the same result.
>
> Strange. What does the packet look like?

Very interesting: with Heimdal there is a packet exchange after
the initial password has been typed. With MIT the exchange already occurs
before typing the password (i.e. preauth)
Both responses to typing the password look like success. If I type another
password the command fails at that position.

After that with the Heimdal client the kdc remains silent (at least it is
not sending packets to the client) whereas for the MIT client there is a
response from the same kdc and the change request succeeds.

At the moment I am not able to tell whether the kdc will send something to
a different address, as I am monitoring the client, not the server.

Wolfgang Friebel