From: Kent Wu (RD-US)
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 2:29 PM
To: joda@pdc.kth.se
Cc: heimdal-discuss@sics.se
Subject: RE: FW: memory leak in some Kerberos APIs?

Hi, Johan:

	It seems it has been on the to-do list for a while though. :)

	What we tried to achieve is to verify user's credentail if we turn proxy authorization on (407 reutrn code) in http traffic. The problem with the krb5_context not being thread-safe is that in the multi-thread env, we need to implement a sync lock around the authentication code to guarantee exclusion, which might slow down the performance that is crucial in http traffic.

	However if that's the status so far, I think we can live with it. BTW, I still can't get my memory leak problem resolved in MIT library, I think I'll try the heimdal instead.

Thx a lot.

Kent