krb5 mechanism OID; Was: Re: FW: memory leak in some Kerberos APIs?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 06:59:15PM -0700, Kent_Wu@trendmicro.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>	Once I tried to use the heimdal library, one
> conflict I got is actually from GSS-API side. In my
> program, after getting the TGT, I will use GSS-API
> to do the kerberos authentication, while calling
> gss_init_sec_context() I explicitly passed Kerberos
> mechanism instead of GSS_C_NO_OID in. The mechanism OID
> for Kerberos is "1.2.840.113554.1.2.2", of course before
> passing this argument to gss_init_sec_context() I need to
> transfer it into a gss_OID object.

can't you just pass it GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM?

$ grep GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM /usr/include/gssapi.h
extern gss_OID GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM;
#define gss_mech_krb5 GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM
$ nm --defined-only /usr/lib/libgssapi.a | grep GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM
00000074 D GSS_KRB5_MECHANISM