Re: question about slave servers

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 17:21, Bill Swingle wrote:
> and working great but I'm unsure what the next step is. The krb5.conf
> manpage doesn't specify what needs to be added to krb5.conf in order for
> the clients to use the slave if something happens to the master.

Multiple "kdc =" stanzas; clients will use each in turn.

Also useful are round-robin DNS entries, especially for sites large
enough to have significant load on the KDC.  We have three A records for
"kerberos.ece.cmu.edu", one for the primary and one for each slave;
clients are configured to use kerberos.ece.cmu.edu first, then the
master, then the slaves.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu