Re: Incomplete documentation

Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:
>
> I seems everyone is either busy or doesn't know anwers to my questions ...
> and I have continuation already ... :)

mmmm, upgrading ssh.

>> So, how am I supposed to configure heimdal whe want to use AFS? With or
>> without --with-krb4. How about the --enable-kaserver option. As I do not
>> need to convert from krb4 to krb5 type databse, I can omit
>> --enable-kaserver-db, right?
>
> I gave it a last shot: tried compiling heimdal against krb4(with it's own libdes)
> and asking heimdal to add support for krb4 and openssl(0.9.7b):

heimdal think it must use the same crypto lib as the krb4 stuff if compiled
with kerberos 4 support, it will refuse to use anything else.

> configure: error: the crypto library used by krb4 lacks features
> required by Kerberos 5; to continue, you need to install a newer
> Kerberos 4 or configure --without-krb4

yes, current heimdal requires openssl>=0.9.7, and there is not released
kth-krb4 that can handle that.

> configure:10538: cc  -o conftest -DHAVE_OLD_HASH_NAMES -I/usr/athena/include -O2 -arch ev56 -I/software/@sys/usr/include -I/usr/local/in
> clude -I/usr/local/openssl/include  conftest.c -L/usr/athena/lib -ldes -L/usr/local/lib -L/software/@sys/usr/lib -L/usr/local/openssl/li
> b -L/usr/lib >&5
> cc: Severe: configure, line 10488: Cannot find file <aes.h> specified in #include directive. (noinclfilef)
>                 #include <aes.h>
> -----------------^
>
> Sure it cannot find it, it should look for openssl/aes.h !

It first check for <openssl/aes.h> and then <aes.h>.

> I tried comfiguring heimdal --without-openssl , as krb4 was also compiled without
> openssl support:
[..]
> configure: error: the crypto library used by krb4 lacks features
> required by Kerberos 5; to continue, you need to install a newer
> Kerberos 4 or configure --without-krb4

krb4 libdes is old and doesn't contain any DES_ nor AES_ functions.

> I'm waiting for official patch and configure command-line. ;)

There are some issues with telnet, openssh 0.9.7b and DES_ I've not been
able to find yet. I don't even know how to reproduce it.

Love

PGP signature