Re: Converting kaserver DB to Heimdal

Alf Wachsmann <alfw@SLAC.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Love wrote:
>> Alf Wachsmann <alfw@SLAC.Stanford.EDU> writes:
>> > While converting all our administration tools, we have discovered that
>> > the time a principal changed his/her/its password is _not_ carried over
>> > from the kaserver DB. This seems by design after looking at the
>> > hprop/hpropd source code.
>> >
>> > Is there a way of preserving this time stamp in the conversion?
>>
>> So this might do it. The principal should be optional, but I don't know if
>> all code handles that. I don't have a kaserver setup, so it might be easier
>> for you to test then me.
>
> Love,
>
> the situation is not that simple. Your patch will dump out the
> necessary date filed but "hpropd" still throws it away,
>
> There needs to be an according patch for (I guess) "entry2string_int()"
> in lib/hdb/print.c.

Isn't that only when you dump the database to a file/text format ? If you
dump via the binary dump format, doesn't the data get preserved then?

I agree that the "kadmin dump"/"hpropd --print" doesn't contain the
password change information isn't that good and it should be dumped in the
text version too.

Love

PGP signature