Re: Converting kaserver DB to Heimdal

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Alf Wachsmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are in the process of migrating from AFS' kaserver to Heimdal's KDC.
> In this process, we have converted our kaserver DB to the KDC format
> using the recipe from (e.g.)
> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2002-May/004326.html
>
> While converting all our administration tools, we have discovered that
> the time a principal changed his/her/its password is _not_ carried over
> from the kaserver DB. This seems by design after looking at the
> hprop/hpropd source code.

This would be nice if it worked. The other problem is: even if you got
hprop to preserve the time of the last password changing, kpasswdd does
not update this field any more. It always remains (in kadmin):

Last password change: never

This problem isn't solved with Heimdal 0.6.

Greetings
Andreas

--
Andreas Haupt         E-Mail: ahaupt@ifh.de