Re: Propagating MIT-Kerberos Database to Heimdal KDC

Hi!

Thanks for your insight!

Johan Danielsson schrieb:
> Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <delgado@cert.dfn.de> writes:
> > However, if I create /var/heimdal/m-key on the heimdal host with
> > kstash, the first six bytes are:
> > 0205 0000 4800
> This is normal. The heimdal stash file is just keytab. MIT uses a
> different format.
But does the MIT stash file work with heimdal? The postings I found
seemed to imply this, that's why I tried to use it.

My first mail describes the steps I made to convert the MIT database
to heimdal. Would you say my approach was correct? Can you give a
step-by-step account of how to convert a MIT database to heimdal?

> > Is there any place I can find detailed documentation on the subject?
> Eh, probably not. Use the source, but I guess you didn't want to hear
> that. :-)

Hm, since heimdal seems to be a university project, the lack of
documentation puzzles me. Has all the documentation (design, planning,
implementation) been written in swedish?

Since the heimdal source seems to be quite well-behaved (at least it
compiles without problems on any system I've tried), I'm not very
afraid to look into the source. However I'd prefer some (english or
german) docs, if possible.

Kind regards
        FDF
--
Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs   |               mailto: fd@dfn-cert.de
DFN-CERT GmbH                  |              pgp-key: 0x94A6047F

PGP signature