Kerberos Feature Request

I probably should send this to the IETF group, but I'm not on their
mailing lists.  (Apologies if the cross-posting causes problems.)  It
would be *nice* if all Kerberos distributions added this feature the
same way.

One of the famous things that Microsoft did in their AD Kerberos
implementation is added authorization data to the (supposedly
optional) PAC field that is necessary when using certain other
Microsoft functionality.  AFAIK all of the information added is also
contained in the LDAP directory that AD also provides.

I do not think it makes any sense for a (non-Microsoft) Kerberos
server to directly maintain this data.  Rather it should have a
mechanism for acquiring the data from an external source, such as an
LDAP directory.

My request is that the Kerberos community agree on a standard
external interface to get that data.  If the interface itself were
standardized then the work of connecting that interface to the
appropriate AD attributes could be done independently of any Kerberos
server, and could be updated as Microsoft updates their schema
independent of Kerberos versions.  It would also make the use of PAC
data in non-Microsoft environments much easier to consider.