Re: 0.6 compilation fails on RH AS3

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Harald Barth wrote:

> > I have tried to compile Heimdal-0.6 on Red Hat AS3 (ia64),
> > but compilation failed. That's where the problem occured:
>
> We should try to get 0.6.1 out of the door. There is a recent snapshot
> available in the snapshot directory. If you need krb4 backwards compat
> (hopefully not) you will need the latest kth-krb snapshot, too. But
> the easiest is to do a --without-krb4 if you don't need it. If you
> still have a db problem with 0.6.1, please include the output from
> configure (when it writes what db stuff it found) and a list of db
> related rpms you have installed. I don't know what alternative db
> libraries you have available on AS3, but at least one of them usually
> works, the tricky part is to find the right one. You may want to test
> some configure flags, there is a "--disable-berkeley-db" but I have
> not used it myself.

You have to have include/db3/db.h or include/db4/db.h. For example, I
install Berkeley-DB into /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-3.3.11 prefix, so I do:
cd /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-3.3.11/include
ln -s . db3

and then force configure to pickup /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-3.3.11 prefix of
berkeley db with CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS and LIBS.

Berkeley db 4.1 is not supported I think still, only 4.0 or 3.x.

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs@natur.cuni.cz>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs