Re: [OpenAFS-devel] New OpenSSH

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Jim Rees wrote:

> I see that OpenSSH 3.8 was released today, with "New KerberosGetAFSToken
> option for sshd(8)."  This sounds like good news.

I tried it on Linux. First notes follow:

1) gssapi was replaced with gssapi-with-mic, and this means that
   ssh_config now should contain:

   "GSSAPIAuthentication yes"
   "GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes".

   (to allow gssapi/mic authentication with delegation of credentials).

2) Connecting from a session without k5 creds:
   The new option "KerberosGetAFSToken yes" works correctly. It allows
   to obtain a token in a new pagsh with K5-passwd login. I have noted,
   however, an annoying delay between the act of successful authentication
   and the moment when the tokenized session is finally established.

   In particular, client says:

         "debug1: Authentication succeeded"

   then server says:

         "debug1: server_input_channel_open: confirm session"

   and then server sleeps several *very* visible seconds prior to
   continue correctly.

   With 3.7.1p2 and k5env/afslog everything works much faster.

3) Connecting from a session wit k5 creds:
   GSSAPI authentication works and K5 credentials are being
   forwarded correctly. However, while I am admitted to the host
   with gssapi-with-mic, I am not getting token/pagsh anymore
   (like in case of K5-password login).

I might have missed something. But the first impression is that
3.8p1 is i) a good step forward, but ii) still has to be worked on.

Andrei.