Intergrate Heimdal's hdb-ldap and Samba

As I posted to Samba-technical recently, I have done work to intergrate
Heimdal's hdb-ldap and the Samba password database.

The idea behind this patch is to improve hdb-ldap to be able to take
advantage of the Samba password entries that many sites have in LDAP, to
form the basis for a kerberos server.

This patch also fixes a number of bugs in hdb-ldap.

As I mention in my original announcement to the Samba-technical list,
this allows an upgrade to kerberos from the NT password hash, stored by
Samba and used by Microsoft for their NT4 -> AD upgrade:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=107748396331431&w=2

The patch may be found here:
http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/lorikeet/patches/heimdal-20040215-4-samba.patch

I realise it is not indented per the rest of heimdal (that was not a big
concern when creating it :-), but I'll happly re-indent if you can give
me your preferred indent command line.

Is this something that is of interest to Heimdal?

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet@samba.org