Re: Remapping old Kerberos 4 realm name to new Kerberos 5 realm name

(1) Thanks for the info on krb524d, you are right, that isn't what I
want.

Working backwards from openafs-1.2.11/src/util/get_krbrlm.c it looks like
the location of krb.conf should be @afsconfdir/krb.conf where @afsconfdir
is /usr/afs/etc if one is using --enable-transarc-paths (one assumes this
would also be the place to put the file if one were still running IBM
AFS), otherwise it's {sysconfdir}/openafs/server where {sysconfdir} is
whatever was defined when you did the ,/configure step:

 --sysconfdir=DIR        read-only single-machine data in DIR
 [PREFIX/etc]

Also, Sam Hartman <hartmans@mekinok.com> writes [1]:
> You can create /usr/afs/etc/krb.conf with your realm name in it, and
> then create a key called afs/cell@REALM and that also works.

Feeding "/usr/afs/etc/krb.conf" into Google comes up with other useful