Re: Is there krb5_set password in Heimdal ?

heimdal 0.6.1 indeed implement the krb5_set_password() function!!!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: Is there krb5_set password in Heimdal ?

I would prefer to set a password remotely as I can do with the krb5_set_password functions in MIT. I want to use it in a client tool from another system then the kdc itself

Thanks
Markus.

Andrew Bacchi <bacchi@rpi.edu> wrote:
If you're running the kpasswd daemon, /usr/heimdal/libexec/kpasswdd, on
the KDC, the user can change his/her own passwd with
'/usr/heimdal/bin/kpasswd'.

Otherwise if you want to do the work for the user, on the KDC use
/usr/heimdal/sbin/kadmin -l cpw --password=password username

--
Facade: Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a
subsystem.

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute