Re: Heimdal doesn't find pthreads

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 21:51, Love wrote:
> Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no> writes:
>
> > Hi, I'm trying to get the lates snapshots working on suse 8.2, compiling
> > with the following options:
> >
> > --prefix=/usr/local/heimdal --with-openldap --with-pthreads
> >
> [....]
> > I got glibc-devel installed, so I think it is mainly a problem of
> > finding the libs. Does anyone have an idea?
>
> I don't can't figureout any other good way except patching all makefiles
> right now. Can you try run configure like this:
>
> -prefix=/usr/local/heimdal --with-openldap --with-pthreads LIBS=-pthread

Yes, that works.

However, I got a few other interesting errors / bugs:

1. ./configure --hdb-openldap-module fails:
configure: error: unrecognized option: --hdb-openldap-module
Try `./configure --help' for more information.
But the option is mentioned in the documentation.
>./configure --help|grep hdb
  --hdb-openldap-module   if you want support to build openldap hdb as
shared

2. When using
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/heimdal --with-openldap -with-pthreads
LIBS=-pthread

kdc still gets compled without ldapsupport:
>/usr/local/heimdal/libexec/kdc --builtin-hdb
builtin hdb backends: db:

3. The bind to ipv6 adresses is quite annoying. I miss a way to specify
in the configfile which adresses kdc,kadmind and kpasswd should attach
to.

All this is with the snapshot from yesterday.

Tarjei