Re: Kerberos/LDAP/SASL central authentication server howto

Nikola,

If you look athe the slapd.conf help you find:

sasl-secprops <properties>
              Used to specify  Cyrus  SASL  security  properties.
              The  none  flag  (without  any  other  properities)
              causes     the     flag     properites     default,
              "noanonymous,noplain",  to be cleared.  The noplain
              flag  disables  mechanisms  susceptible  to  simple
              passive   attacks.    The  noactive  flag  disables
              mechanisms  susceptible  to  active  attacks.   The
              nodict  flag  disables  mechanisms  susceptible  to
              passive dictionary attacks.   The  noanonyous  flag
              disables  mechanisms which support anonymous login.
              The forwardsec flag require forward secrecy between
              sessions.   The  passcred  require mechanisms which
              pass client credentials (and allow mechanisms which
              acceptable  security  strength factor as an integer
              approximate  to  effective  key  length  used   for
              encryption.   0  (zero)  implies  no  protection, 1
              implies integrity protection only, 56 allows DES or
              other weak ciphers, 112 allows triple DES and other
              strong ciphers, 128 allows RC4, Blowfish and  other
              modern  strong  ciphers.   The  default  is 0.  The
              maxssf=<factor>  property  specifies  the   maximum
              acceptable  security  strength factor as an integer
              (see minssf description).  The default is  INT_MAX.
              The   maxbufsize=<size>   property   specifies  the
              maximum security layer receive buffer size allowed.
              0  disables security layers.  The default is 65536.

I tried to use the -O minssf=128 with ldapsearch against AD, but get a failure although I use the latest heimdal library which supports
rc4-hmac. I can see that I have an arcfour-hmac-md5 ticket for the ldap/server principal and would assume that rc4-hmace allows the
higher encryption.

Any ideas why not ?

Thanks
Markus