Failure Rate for Heimdal SW?

I have one of those availability requirements that says Kerberos can't
fail for more than X hours per year.  Now I've got good historical data
on the hardware/OS that I can put in that form.

Anybody got any "software failures" which are remotely statistical in
nature?  Any ideas on how to assign an availability number to the
software component?  Any failures that require/cause a Kerberos
restart?
----