From: "Andrew Bacchi" <bacchi@rpi.edu>
To: <heimdal-discuss@sics.se>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 1:49 PM
Subject: Can't init ldap db

I'm trying to configure Heimdal and Openldap for auth services.  I have
been following Jose Gómez HowTo,
http://www.opentechnet.com/auth-howto/index.html

Versions:
RedHat AS 3.0
I'm using RH standard ldap RPMs.
openldap-servers-2.0.27-11, etc
I built my own Heimdal RPMs.
heimdal-server-0.6.2, etc

I'm getting this error when trying to init the Heimdal realm.
kadmin> init RPI.EDU
kadmin: hdb_open: ldap_sasl_bind_s: Authentication method not supported

slapd.conf contains the following.

# SASL configuration
sasl-host   someserver.rpi.edu
sasl-realm  RPI.EDU

The sasl-regexp is ignored at startup, I imagine it isn't supported in
this version.
sasl-regexp
    uid=(.*),cn=rpi.edu,cn=.*,cn=auth
    ldap:///ou=kerberos,dc=rpi,dc=edu??sub?(uid=$1)

Also, I can't seem to connect to ldap with a browser on port 636,
although I can connect on port 389.

I'm missing something in my config. Any thoughts?  TIA.

--
Facade: Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a
subsystem.

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute