Re: Heimdal-Openldap how to store principals?

Jose,

Thanks for your help.

I rebuilt Heimdal using additional --with-openssl=path/to/openssl
directives, hoping that was my main problem.  I don't think so.

I tried 'init RPI.EDU, and these files are deposited in the pwd.   These
are indeed the kerberos database files.  If I delete them, all kerberos
accounts are lost.  The files and accounts are recreated upon an 'init
RPI.EDU' command.
ldap:ou=kerberos,dc=rpi,dc=edu.dir
ldap:ou=kerberos,dc=rpi,dc=edu.log
ldap:ou=kerberos,dc=rpi,dc=edu.lock
ldap:ou=kerberos,dc=rpi,dc=edu.pag

So, it appears I don't have the Unix Socket working correctly.  Is this
connected to ssl or cyrus-sasl. or is it independent of either?  I will
have to do some reading on sockets.

The system log reports this from kerberos:

Aug 27 10:38:44 ldap3 kernel: application bug: kadmind(30385) has
SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
Aug 27 10:38:44 ldap3 kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.

--
Facade: Provide a unified interface to a set of interfaces in a
subsystem.

Andrew Bacchi
Staff Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute