Re: Kerberos v4

> I would be interested in adding support for kerberos v4 to ethereal
> sometime in the future.

Why?

> Do any of you know whether v4 is used at all any more?

It should not, but it sure is used. I can tell from the amount of
repeatedly saying "go away and use v5" when I'm asked why this and
that of kth-krb (v4) does not compile/work/whatever on recent OS
releases.

V4 is like the VW beetle, a great vehicle in its time and worth
keeping around some instances for historic reasons but not the
transport of choice in today's hostile environment due to serious
security concerns.

Harald.