Re: Kerberos v4

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:43:57 +0200 (MEST), Harald Barth  wrote:

> > I would be interested in adding support for kerberos v4 to ethereal
> > sometime in the future.
>
> Why?

For completeness.
Ethereal already supports a lot of even more obsolete and obscure
protocols, but I wont go into details on which those protocols are not
to hurt someones feelings.
Or, why not,  for example ArcNet   there are people using ArcNet even
in this day and age. There are people using ArcNet today that use
ethereal to troubleshoot their obsolete networks.

No matter how obsolete a protocol becomes,   there will still always
be someone out there that use it on their wires.