Re: Time to Display My Ignorance, or What Is This Packet Anyway?

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> The Heimdal kdc doesn't appear to support the Windows Transarc
> clients.  What are they doing anyway?  The on-the-wire packet doesn't
> look like  either a K4 request or a kaserver request.  It's sent from
> the AFS  client to port 750.  After stripping off the Ethernet/IP/UDP
> headers  I'm left with the following authentication request:

Just to confuse you, windows client used to use kerberos 4, it didn't use
ka protocol. I have seen a patch to make the v4 protocol more agressive is
detecting those strange packets, but can't remember what it did.

Newer versions of the openafs client (of 1.3.x fame), uses native kerberos
5, more the that, is way more stable then the old transarc windows client.

Love

PGP signature