RE: Samba and Heimdal.(OT)

>| Maybe a bit off-topic.I have problem with compiling Samba
>with Heimdal.
>| Checkout samba_compile_log.txt to see the errors.
>|

>| Im trying to compile on Solaris 8 2/02 using Sun WorkShop 6 update 2.
>| version: Heimdal 0.6.3,Samba 3.0.7
>| Compile options:
>|
>| CFLAGS=-xO4 -xtarget=ultra3 -xarch=v8plusa -xchip=ultra3
>| LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS set to locations of heimdal,openldap, and so on.
>|
>| ./configure --prefix=/opt/heimdal --enable-shared
>|
>| ./configure --prefix=/opt/samba3 -with-ldap
>
>It's a Samba bug.  I didn't look very close at your logs but
>I ran into this a few days ago and will get it fixed.
>The problem is that we are including Sun's <gssapi/gssapi.h>
>and <gssapi.h> from heimdal.
>
>The workaround is to comment out the '#define HAVE_HSSAPI_GSSAPI_H 1'
>from samba-VERSION/source/include/config.h after you run ./configure
>but before you run make.
>
>Hope this helps.  I'll try to get a proper fix in before
>3.0.8.

Thanks!!

In my case it was HAVE_GSSAPI_H that needed to be comment out.

/* Define to 1 if you have the <gssapi/gssapi.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_GSSAPI_GSSAPI_H 1

/* Define to 1 if you have the <gssapi.h> header file. */
/* #define HAVE_GSSAPI_H 1 */

Tommy Fallsen
System Administrator
Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace