Re: multi-mechanism gssapi

Luke Howard <lukeh@padl.com> writes:

> (a) move SPNEGO and Kerberos GSS-API mechanisms in Heimdal into
>     libmech_spnego and libmech_krb5 libraries, respectively
> (b) have each library export a gss_mechanism dispatch table
> (c) use the CITI libgssapi to implement the exposed GSS API

This is the libgssapi-0.1 tarball?

> Before I start down this track (or a related one), I'd like to know
> the likelihood of it being integrated into Heimdal. I'm prepared to
> write from scratch if you would prefer. :-)

It seems reasonable to me. I haven't looked to close at the code, but
it doesn't look too horrible. And there are four different (but
similar) licences in there?

> Also, there is the Sun TI-RPC mechglue library around somewhere, which
> apparently is the Solaris 8 code, but I can't seem to find it anywhere
> and it is released under a different license.

Last time I looked at gssrpc it was not entirely different from things
you scare small children with. What uses gssrpc?

/Johan