multi-mechanism gssapi

This isn't exactly a heimdal question, but has heimdal implications.

We have a shared gssapi "glue" library which allows an application to
use multiple gssapi mechanisms.  The functions in this glue library
must be named "gss_*".  It dynamically loads mechanism libraries and
resolves function pointers.  However, the functions in the heimdal
gssapi library have the same "gss_*" names.  I run into problems with
dynamic linking/loading the heimdal library because when a function
within the heimdal library tries to call a gss_ function, if that
function has already been resolved to the glue's version then the
heimdal function calls the glue version instead of its own.

Does anyone know of a way to properly get around this w/o changes to
the current heimdal library?  If not, is there any chance of adding a
prefix to the heimdal gssapi function names and wrappers for when it is
used stand-alone?  (This is how the MIT library is built.)