Re: Problems with unified heimdal/samba domain

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:48:33 +0100
Love <lha@stacken.kth.se> wrote:

> So, I think its the libhdb backend that do the memset and not the caller,
> does it still work for you if its done that way (ie only the samba change).
>
> I've commited all other changes than the memset and the compare below

I'm sorry, which memset? The one I commented out, or the ones I added
to initialize some of the hdb_entry structs?

The initializations I put in were to prevent junk pointers from getting
free()ed when hdb_free_entry is called.

> When is this needed ? I think the caller is wrong if it passes a NULL
> principal to this function, when does it happen ?

I believe I put that in originally to catch the null pointer passed in
due to the erroneous memset() call in LDAP_message2entry(), but it
seemed like a decent check to keep in.

Jim