Re: LDAP -> Heimdal -> LDAP

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 16:18 -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

> The smbk5pwd plugin in OpenLDAP CVS (also in release 2.3) will help keep
> Kerberos, Samba, and LDAP sumple binds synchronized, you should look
> into using it. Oddly enough, I wrote this module at Andrew Bartlett's
> request but it appears that he's not using it.

And for that I do wish to apologise - it's been a bit of a mess, and I
did never follow up on my side of the bargain (to test and assist with
the module).

On a positive note, for my Samba4 work, I need to allow a 'password set'
operation into hdb, and I hope to use the same infrastructure to call
the OpenLDAP password set, for the benefit of this module.

At Hawker, I just use the NT and LM passwords for now.

Andrew Bartlett

This is a digitally signed message part