Re: ldap <--> heimdal again

> 	I use:
>
> /etc/rc.conf:
> # LDAP
> slapd_enable="YES"
> slapd_flags='-d 255 -h "ldapi:/// ldap:/// ldaps:///"'
> slapd_sockets="/var/run/openldap/ldapi"

yeah! :-)
there's a guy running FreeBSD as well and he is going to help me!

... hmm, so, slapd is listening at /var/run/openldap/ldapi socket ?
that is default socket and I checked, before I changed rc.conf options to
/var/lib/ldapi, my installation of slapd was definetely listening it!

>>> collection.
>>>
>>> 1) how can I specify path to the socket openldap is listening on ?
>
> 	In /etc/rc.conf ( FreeBSD box )

the question was "how does heimdal recognize where to look for that socket
?"

>>> It seems that is's expecting /var/heimdal/kdc.conf, where can I find
>>> information on configuring that file ?
>
> 	I configured the kdc in /etc/krb5.conf
>
> [kdc]
>    database = {
>        realm = UNICAMP.BR
>        dbname = ldap:ou=kerberos,dc=yyyy,dc=xx
>        mkey_file = /xxxx/heimdal/m-key
>        acl_file = /xxxx/heimdal/kdc.acl
>        log_file = /xxxx/heimdal/db.log
>    }

pretty much looks like my configuration!

but it doesn't say anything about /var/run/openldap/ldapi ... so, how
does heimdal knows where to find socket ?

also, I attached kdc.log (krb5kdc.log in my case), heidmail complains
that file could not be found. Is it ok with your config ?

>>> 3) It seems that heimdal cannot find ldap configuration. What did I do
>>> wrong ?
>
> 	You can create link to /etc/ldap.conf
>
> 	ln -s /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf /etc/ldap.conf

so, heimdal also requires /etc/ldap.conf ?

hmm, why doesn't it complain that it cannot find such file than ?

>>> 4) when I tried to initialize database
>
> 	Include the follow acl for installation
>
> 	access to *
>        by sockurl="ldapi:///" write