cracklib password check

Hello,  I was working on a Linux distribution implementing Heimdal.
While I was looking at features to implement I came across the old
cracklib patch.  After porting that to cracklib 2.8(a Redhatized and
maintained cracklib), I realized that it was kind of silly to make two
cracklib libraries.  Anyway, I have rewritten Linux-PAM's pam_cracklib
(complete with krb5.conf fetching for the various hardening flags and a
location for an old passwords file).   I need to test it more than just
compiling, but is this useful to anyone?  Now that Heimdal is heavily
working to integrate with SAMBA, is Heimdal the best place to be
checking passwords for enterprises?

Thanks,
Chris Hamilton