Re: heimdal 0.7pre2

Love Hörnquist Åstrand <lha@kth.se> writes:

>> There are multiple build problems on Solaris 9 (probably not specific
>> to Solaris).  I'll look into them if no-one else advertises that
>> they're doing it first, but I'm not sure when.
>
> Using gcc or sunwspro cc (what version) ?

Both.  It's the latest cc as far as I know (5.6), but I doubt that's
relevant.  The first problem with cc is that the roken stuff for a
broken realloc seems to be broken such that when system headers are
used subsequently, you get this at the declaration of realloc:

cc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -I../include -I../lib/roken -I../lib/roken -DHOST=\"sparc-sun-solaris2.9\" -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -g -c bits.c
"/usr/include/iso/stdlib_iso.h", line 112: syntax error before or at: void
"/usr/include/iso/stdlib_iso.h", line 112: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: realloc

The autoconf test shouldn't fail to start with, and the replacement
for realloc shouldn't be defined such that it breaks the declaration.
(If this is a real problem, it ought to be checked in autoconf's
AC_FUNC_REALLOC -- any idea what system needs it?)

The build fails for me for other reasons on Irix and Tru64 too (not
that Tru64 is much of a concern now...).  More later.