Re: Trouble bootstapping Heimdal

Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@samba.org> writes:

>> If you have old autoconf/automake/libtool, these are the kind of errors
>> you'll get. Either you make sure you have correct autotools, or commit the
>> generated files to the repository.
>>
>> I always install the new autotools together in a --prefix if the
>> distributions autotools are too old. I have found there are more pain not
>> upgrading than upgrading.
>
> Any idea of version numbers I need to get my hands on?  We already
> upgraded autoconf to 2.59 based on the requirement in configure.in.  I'm
> hoping it is just a matter of getting the latest stuff from debian
> testing...

I'm using

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.1
libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.5.14

But the problem is usully that the person that made the distribution didn't
install them correctly, so that that autoconf/aclocal(from automake) don't
find the appropriate macros from the other packages.

Love

PGP signature