Re: Heimdal on the samba build farm

On Sun, 22 May 2005 18:12:23 +1000
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@samba.org> wrote:

> For my purposes, it shows that Heimdal is portable enough to propose the
> next step - that it be included in the Samba4 to provide kerberos
> library and kdc services.  I'll detail my thoughts on Samba4 and
> kerberos going forward in another mail.

Out of curiosity, will samba4 use the same kind of LDAP backend that allows
for the shared Heimdal/Samba auth db? Would it be relatively easy to
transition from the shared db to samba4 in AD mode?

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |