Re: A few questions about implementing a KDC for OpenAFS

On May 27, 2005, at 1:46 AM, Johan Danielsson wrote:

> "Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>
>> Heimdal:  run the KDC's on your afs db servers.
>> MIT: run the kaforwarder daemon on the afs db servers.
>
> But only if you really need ka. What's the status on windows clients
> this week?

I don't believe Jeffrey has removed any options, so it all depends on
configuration.  His recommendation (to us anyway) is that OAFSW and KFW
be configured so the former gets tokens from the latter.  This will do
local 5->4 transaltion.  Server based 5->4 is possible with OAFSW.
OAFSW can still talk K4 if asked.

I don't know if Jeffrey added in the legacy ka code as part of the new
rxgk stuff.
----